Definition: The Communication is a two-way process wherein the message in the form of ideas, thoughts, feelings, opinions is transmitted between two or more persons with the intent of creating a shared understanding.
Simply, an act of conveying intended information and understanding from one person to another is called as communication. The term communication is derived from the Latin word “Communis” which means to share. Effective communication is when the message conveyed by the sender is understood by the receiver in exactly the same way as it was intended.
The communication is a dynamic process that begins with the conceptualizing of ideas by the sender who then transmits the message through a channel to the receiver, who in turn gives the feedback in the form of some message or signal within the given time frame. Thus, there are Seven major elements of communication process:
- Sender: The sender or the communicator is the person who initiates the conversation and has conceptualized the idea that he intends to convey it to others.
- Encoding: The sender begins with the encoding process wherein he uses certain words or non-verbal methods such as symbols, signs, body gestures, etc. to translate the information into a message. The sender’s knowledge, skills, perception, background, competencies, etc. has a great impact on the success of the message.
- Message: Once the encoding is finished, the sender gets the message that he intends to convey. The message can be written, oral, symbolic or non-verbal such as body gestures, silence, sighs, sounds, etc. or any other signal that triggers the response of a receiver.
- Communication Channel: The Sender chooses the medium through which he wants to convey his message to the recipient. It must be selected carefully in order to make the message effective and correctly interpreted by the recipient. The choice of medium depends on the interpersonal relationships between the sender and the receiver and also on the urgency of the message being sent. Oral, virtual, written, sound, gesture, etc. are some of the commonly used communication mediums.
- Receiver: The receiver is the person for whom the message is intended or targeted. He tries to comprehend it in the best possible manner such that the communication objective is attained. The degree to which the receiver decodes the message depends on his knowledge of the subject matter, experience, trust and relationship with the sender.
- Decoding: Here, the receiver interprets the sender’s message and tries to understand it in the best possible manner. An effective communication occurs only if the receiver understands the message in exactly the same way as it was intended by the sender.
- Feedback: The Feedback is the final step of the process that ensures the receiver has received the message and interpreted it correctly as it was intended by the sender. It increases the effectiveness of the communication as it permits the sender to know the efficacy of his message. The response of the receiver can be verbal or non-verbal.
Note: The Noise shows the barriers in communications. There are chances when the message sent by the sender is not received by the recipient.
Ishwor chandra chaudhary says
I would heartly like to thank to the service provider, the given content is very helpful to me….
shivam chauhan says
this is very good way . i really thank to provider….
Subhrajit Sen says
Awesome answers..Lit just loved it ❤️
Vivek yadav says
Brown mundy says
It’s very informational content. I really thankful to the provider 😊
Santosh ahirwar says
it’s very amazing
Muhammad Hussain says
Very thankful to you that your send very best answer for us
it’s a very helpful for me. .. Thankyou so much
Very well written notes it has really helped me thank you
Given information is verry nice All topics are verry clearly written in short way Nd it is verry help full for me…….thanks😊
Ali Hassan says
Ohhh thanks guys you are my life saver……..Thanks for all that
𝐴𝑠ℎ𝑢 𝑝𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑙 says
𝐼𝑡𝑠 𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑘𝑓𝑢𝑙 𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝑒𝑥𝑐𝑒𝑙𝑙𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑒𝑥𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑑
kasim kabeto says
Urgent & crucial in this very dynamic & sensitive world!
thank you so much~!
Mumbe jeaves sunche says
Thanks so much for your content
Prachi Rangari says
Tendai Phiri says
Thank you very much,very helpful,my assignment just became very simple
I would like to cite this article/page, and I don’t know who is the publisher or author of this.
Would love it more if there is a citation information on this.
Did you find out who the author is?, i’d like to cite it too
Surbhi S says
The author of this article is Megha M.
Maja Soriano says
Thank you Megha M. It is very useful and easy to understand.
Thank very much
It’s very good to study
Deepanshu Teotia says
Very good and effective content
Thank you guys ❤️❤️😊😊
Maundu mwam says
Thank you so much
very clear & useful content thnx…
Great articles! Very useful, thanks a lot!
Bhavik Chhuchha says
Good article… Wrote nicely and in simple language.
Thanks very very useful
Vishal kumar says
Very good article
Aryan Adhikari says
hello everyone, I am a MBS student from Nepal. My English proficiency is not good enough that I can read and write effectively. because my past education life was fully Nepali medium and book oriented but now I am trying to study in English medium, and in my place I can’t find good writer’s book that helps me to increase my knowledge as well as my English proficiency, so I would like to thanks to the writer who wrote this article very well with using simple language. Thank you.
Really it’s very useful…
Gautami Toraskar says
Thank you so much to the provider of this information. Its really very helpful. 😊
thank you very much to the provider for this communication information.
Hi! this was helpful
So much helpful. Thank you Publisher
Vansh bhavsar says
Today is my exam and i really thankful to this website for such useful information coz i don’t have any study material
you have no idea the lives you change with your information
Brian briz says
Thanks so much guys I really appreciate your effort.. You have done a very wonderful job…bravo😃😙👏👍
Ganesh shinde says
This was great
Am very interested in the information given. It gives the correct meaning of the words.
Its very useful.
Pepi januar Pelita says
great! its very nice
Jay Nichols says
Good reiteration of what I learned years ago in school and Method of Instruction in the Army. The most important part of this is FEEDBACK. Without that, the sender doesn’t know what the receiver is thinking and could have totally misheard/interpreted the message. Feedback allows the sender to modify his message it not received correctly.
Agolla Quinter says
The content is short and clear. easy to understand 👍
Thank you so much this content was really helpful for me
Shamsher ali says
This is very great.. thank you
Madhura Rajesh says
Informative post…just awesome 👍 👍
OTTILIE NELAO FILLIP says
This Is very helpful. Thank you so much for your efforts.
Naomi Nzara says
Thanks very much, this has really helped me
Very good answers
Nthatisi Mothata says
Thank you very much. 😘 The info was helpful
Rachel kapchorwa says
Thank you very much may God bless you
Miss Steed says
very informative information, is there a citation for this please
Content very effective nd really helpful for all students.
Andrew ngwira says
Thank you very much you make my assignment to be simple
Thank you so much it’s very easy to understand and helpful
It’s good, thanks
Nidhi Ranka says
Excellent explained! Loved it….. Easy to study 👍❤️
very clear and good article easy to understand. Thank you
Akinade Praise Ajoke says
Lovely and justified👍❣️
Nitesh Garhwal says
True and useful content 👌
Thank you 😊
thanks for info
DIVAY AGARWAL says
this is very helpful imformaion for me . thank you
Lemmon Jack says
Very helpful article presented.