Definition: The Communication is a two-way process wherein the information, ideas, opinions, thoughts, feelings, etc. are transmitted between the individuals through the use of mutually understood symbols and semiotic rules (signs and symbols)
The communication is the important factor for the commercial success of any business. The organizational Hierarchy also decides the type of channel through which the communication passes. On the basis of the status of individuals involved in the communication process and the urgency of the message to be sent, the communication channels can be categorized as:
Further, there are several forms of communication that the individuals use to give some pattern or expression to their messages such that it is easily understood by all. The most common types of communication are:
- Verbal Communication, wherein you speak your subject matter, and others listen to it carefully and try to associate meaning with it.
- Nonverbal Communication, wherein the others observe you and try to confer a meaning to it.
- Written Communication wherein you write your message and others read it to derive meaning out of it.
Deciding on the types of communication to be used in the business context is quite tedious. The organization must consider the following set of questions before finalizing the communication:
- Who are the intended recipients?
- What message is to be communicated?
- What is the time constraint?
- How much budget is sanctioned for such activity?
- What messages are often communicated? And what was their impact on the audience?
Hence, which form of communication shall be selected depends on the type of message to be transmitted and the personal preferences of the parties involved in the communication.
Linnus Vairop says
Thank you very much,,for this information on process of communication.
I will use this information for my teaching …
Tushar sase says
I am so thankful to you because I don’t understand. What is the process of communication and which types of communication webuse in our daily life and it is so important for my business communication subject and the language you used that is very simple to understand again thanks
Pritam kumar biswal says
Thank you very much,for this information on process of communication
great article, thank you so much for sharing. It really helped me a lot.
I really appreciate tO yOu fOr this cOmmon infOrmatiOn fOr all Of us …👍👍
John Ald says
It’s quite clear to my understanding.
I THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I really appreciate your site.
Kevin ochieng says
I thank you for the good information you have given to me regarding communication skills.
Thank you in advance
It is a great job i really happy to understood that what is communication